Thank you for your interest as serving as a mentor! Our Applications are currently closed. Please check back in May 2019.
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to provide support and guidance to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning students based on your own experiences. You will be expected to:
- Be out.
- Meet with your mentee in person at least once per month.
- Commit to the mentoring relationship and program for at least one year.
- Respect the degree of outness desired by your mentee.
- Respect confidentiality.
- Serve as a resource to your mentee.
- Contact the Office of LGBTQ Student life if you have any concerns.
- Attend mentor training.
- Provide feedback to the Office of LGBTQ Student Life if any concerns develop.
- Have fun!
Please note: We have a significantly larger pool of mentors than mentees. This allows us to better match students and mentors. We cannot guarantee that each mentor applicant will be matched to a student. If we feel you would be a good match, we will contact you. All applicants will, however, be invited and encouraged to participate in any mentoring program events.